Deliver to the interprofessional team a presentation (20 minutes; 12 slides) that analyzes an existing workplace quality improvement initiative related to a specific disease, condition, or public health issue of interest. The presentation's purpose is to inform and get buy-in from the interprofessional team.
Too often, discussions about quality health care, care costs, and outcome measures take place in isolation—various groups talking among themselves about results and enhancements. Nurses are critical to the delivery of high-quality, efficient health care. As a result, they must develop their skills in reviewing and evaluating performance reports. They also need to be able to communicate outcome measures related to quality initiatives effectively. Patient safety and positive institutional health care outcomes mandate collaboration among nursing staff members to ensure the integration of their perspectives in all quality care initiatives.
In this assessment, you will have the opportunity to analyze a quality improvement initiative in your workplace. You will then present your analysis to a group of nurses and other health care professionals. The purpose of your presentation is to inform and enlist support for the initiative from your audience.
Quality Initiative Selection
In this assessment, you will deliver an analysis of an ongoing quality improvement initiative in your workplace. The initiative you analyze must relate to a specific disease, condition, or public health issue of personal or professional interest to you. The purpose of your analysis is to assess whether specific quality indicators point to improved patient safety, quality of care, cost and efficiency goals, and other desired metrics. Your audience consists of nurses and selected health care professionals with specializations or interests in your selected condition, disease, or issue. You hope to inform and garner support for the initiative from your audience.
· Analyze a current quality improvement initiative in a health care or practice setting according to strategic organizational initiatives.
. Explain the rationale behind the QI improvement initiative. What prompted the initiative?
. Detail problems that were not addressed and any issues that arose from the initiative.
· Evaluate the success of a current quality improvement initiative according to recognized national benchmarks.
. Analyze the benchmarks used to evaluate success. Which aspects of the initiative were most successful? What outcome measures are missing or could be added?
. Incorporate one appropriate supporting visual (such as a graph or chart) that showcases the most critical aspect of this presentation.
· Incorporate interprofessional perspectives related to initiative functionality and outcomes.
· Integrate the perspectives of interprofessional team members involved in the initiative. Who did you talk to? What are their professions? How did their perspectives impact your analysis?
· Recommend additional indicators and protocols to improve and expand outcomes of a quality initiative.
. Identify specific process or protocol changes as well as technologies that would improve quality outcomes.
· Ensure slides are easy to read and error free. Provide detailed speaker notes. Also ensure audio is clear, organized, and professionally presented.
· Organize content with clear purpose/goals and with relevant and evidence-based sources (published within 5 years).
· Presentation length: A maximum of 20 minutes.
· The number of slides: 12 slides. Balance text and visuals. Avoid text-heavy slides. Use the speaker's notes for additional content.
· Font and font size: Appropriate size and weight for presentation, generally 24-28 points for headings; no smaller than 18 points for bullet-point text. Use a suitable professional typeface such as Times or Arial throughout the presentation.
· The number of references: Cite a minimum of seven current scholarly and/or authoritative sources to support your analysis. Current is defined as no older than 5 years unless a seminal work.
· APA formatting: Adhere to APA style and formatting guidelines for citations and references. Consult these resources for an APA refresher:
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and scoring guide criteria:
· Competency 2: Plan quality improvement initiatives in response to routine data surveillance.
. Recommend additional indicators and protocols to improve and expand quality outcomes of a quality initiative.
· Competency 3: Evaluate quality improvement initiatives using sensitive and sound outcome measures.
. Analyze a current quality improvement initiative in a health care or practice setting according to strategic organizational initiatives.
. Evaluate the success of a current quality improvement initiative according to recognized national benchmarks.
· Competency 4: Integrate interprofessional perspectives to lead quality improvements in patient safety, cost effectiveness, and work life quality.
. Incorporate interprofessional perspectives related to initiative functionality and outcomes.
· Competency 5: Apply effective communication strategies to promote quality improvement of interprofessional care.
. Slides are easy to read and error free. Detailed speaker notes are provided. Audio is clear, organized, and professionally presented.
. Organize content with clear purpose/goals and with relevant and evidence-based sources (published within 5 years).
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here