Part 2: Community Assessment
Review the .
Review the Windshield Survey Resources
Observe the community of Skokie, Illinois. You can use the internet and google maps to search or navigate about the community.
Note: Please don’t forget to answer Winshield Survey Template which is uploaded as a file.
Consider aspects of the community that could affect residents’ health and any that may be applicable to the community.
Conduct a windshield survey that addresses the following components:
- The age, nature, and condition of the communitys available housing
- Infrastructure needsroads, bridges, streetlights, and so on
- The presence or absence of functioning businesses and industrial facilities
- The location, condition, and use of public spaces
- The amount of activity on the streets at various times of the day, week, or year
- The noise level in various parts of the community
- The amount and movement of traffic at various times of day
- The location and condition of public buildingsthe city or town hall, courthouse, and so on
- Walkability of community; walking paths/biking paths/safety? Proximity for walkability to community resources?
- Public transportation availability? Cost? Accessibility?
- Social service centers? Public libraries? Parks? Churches? Community centers? Recreation centers?
- Health care facilities? How many? Clinics? Hospitals? Accessibility of health care resources?
- Food/nutrition? Food deserts? Grocery stores?
- Homeless population? Homeless services?
- Police/fire presence?
- Schools? Location? Physical condition of schools?
Compile your windshield survey data, using the to include:
- Data overview of all community components as identified in the Community Tool Box Resource
- Strengths of community as evidenced by windshield survey
- Weaknesses (gaps in service) as evidenced by windshield survey
- Develop 1 family nursing diagnosis based upon identified gap in community resources as an indicator of potential poor health outcomes
Format your assessment as noted:
- 18- to 20-slide presentation
- The slides should only contain essential information and as little text as possible. Do not design a slide presentation made up of long bullet points. Your speaker notes convey the details you would give if you were presenting. See this from Microsoft.com for more help.
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here