Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper about genetically vigorous populations.
Include the following items:
- Genetic Diversity:
- Explain the importance of genetic diversity and how genetic diversity in plants and animals supports long-term viability, biodiversity, and biotic integrity.
- Describe specific examples of at least one plant population and at least one animal population that lacks genetic diversity, and explain any threats to survival those species face due to their deficient genetic diversity.
- Describe how genetic diversity impacts population management.
- Population Management:
- Describe the values underlying population management.
- Explain the costs and benefits in successful population management. Provide at least two specific examples of current and past population management efforts.
- Explain how invasive species have been used in population management.
- Compare ex situ conservation to in situ conservation.
- Describe the role of zoos, aquariums, and botanical gardens in conservation and explain the efforts of these institutions to support genetically vigorous populations.
- Based on this information, defend your opinion on these institutions. Discuss the negative effects of zoos on genetic diversity.
- Explain why the Endangered Species Act (ESA) was created to promote conservation of plants and animals. Explain how it helps prevent the extinction of endangered and threatened species.
- Discuss some challenges with monitoring human activities affecting species populations and enforcing the ESA.
Cite at least six references, including at least two scholarly sources.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here