Please answer the following Discussion Question. Please be certain to answer the three questions on this week DQ and to provide a well-developed and complete answer to receive credit. Your main discussion answer needs to be at least 3 paragraphs in length with 3 references to justify your answer.
Discussion Question 1
1. Julie is a 35-year-old with bipolar II disorder. After her third child was born, she had a severe depressive episode. She attempted suicide by taking 25 Xanax pills. She is back in the hospital with depression after having a 2-week hypomanic episode. She has not been taking her medications.
- a. What responsibility does the health care organization have to Julie?
- b. What structures are needed at a hospital to ensure that Julie will get the care she needs?
- c. What is the nurses responsibility regarding the health promotion activities directed toward Julie?
2. Stephane, a 15-year-old Haitian refugee who is living at a center for children of refugees, has a severe cough and fever. She is curled up in a corner of the community room wrapped in a towel. She looks like she has been crying.
- a. How can the nurse ensure culturally competent care?
- b. List three priorities for the nurse regarding the cultural values, beliefs, and possible practices that Stephane may have.
- What actions can nurses take if they believe that OSHA guidelines are not being followed in the workplace?
- What will you look for in the work environment that will support positive patient outcomes?
- Discuss the characteristics of health-care organizations that may lead to burnout among nurses. How could they be changed or eliminated?
- Why is a positive work environment important in Nursing?
- Describe some ways to create a positive work environment.
- What role can you play in creating a positive work environment?
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here