http://classassignments.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Class-Assignments-Logo-300x70.png 0 0 Ken Morgan http://classassignments.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Class-Assignments-Logo-300x70.png Ken Morgan2021-02-15 10:39:192021-02-15 10:39:19AJS 514 Week 3 City Demographics and Crime Profile (100% Score)
AJS 514 Week 3 City Demographics and Crime Profile
City Demographics and Crime Profile
Resources: Use the following websites:
• U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics
• U.S. Department of Labor Wages
• U.S. Department of Education
• U.S. Census Bureau
Select a U.S. city of your choice.
Write a 1,400- to 2,100-word paper in which you analyze the criminal profile of your selected city. Include the following information in your analysis:
• Characterization of the city in terms of social and intellectual context
• Identity of social factors that contribute to crime
• Linking of events or attitudes to a description of beliefs people living there would accept for explaining criminal behavior
• Consideration of changes in land use, property values, transportation, and retail as one moves away from the city center
• If there are changes, what distance do you estimate exist between these areas?
• How noticeable are the changes?
• Discussion of whether or not zones of transition apply to this city
• Identification of criminal hot spots
• Relevant data to support answers
• How your findings relate to the role of socioeconomic status and values in criminological theory
• Identification and rationale for the choice of one sociologic theory that best explains the crime in your chosen city
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here