Essay Assignment 1: Documented Literary Analysis
Your literary analysis essay will be on the novel Sula by Toni Morrison. You can choose from any of the topics listed below (recommended) or explore further topics in the chapter on Sula, in the book How to Write about Toni Morrison ().
Your literary analysis should be between 2 ½ and 3 pages (600 to 750 words), not including the Works Cited page, should be double spaced in Times New Roman 12-point font and must meet the following criteria:
· A clearly articulated thesis that states, somewhere in your introduction, the assertion (position, interpretation) that your paper will prove
· An introduction, a minimum of 3 body paragraphs, and a conclusion
· At least two quotes from the novel itself that are integrated into your discussion
· At least two citations of outside sources (such as literary criticism on the novel). At least one source should come from the MDC databases. All sources must be academic.
· Topic sentences that focus the discussion of the body paragraphs
· Examples, details, explanations in the body paragraphs that clearly support your thesis
· Clear connections between ideas from paragraph to paragraph and within paragraphs
· Proper MLA style format in the heading, in the in-text citations, and in the Works Cited page (see the template for the heading and margins in this lesson)
· Works Cited page includes articles from two sources and from the novel for a minimum of three total listed sources
· Standard usage, grammar, and mechanics
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here