Unit 4 Assignment: Product Design, Service Design, and Facility Design Paper
In this assignment, you will be assessed based on the following Outcomes:
MT435-2: Create a product design and a service design within an operations management environment.
MT435-6: Create a facility design within an operations management environment.
Design is an important aspect in business. As applied to operations management, this is primarily product design and service design, and in a supporting role, facility design.
In this assignment, you will apply critical thinking to the application of design to operations management in an informative essay in a minimum of 3-full pages in which you specifically address the parts listed below. Make sure to include separate title and references pages, use standard paragraph structure, double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and follow all other current APA style guidelines. Conduct research from credible peer-reviewed sources, the Library, and your textbook to support your responses.
You can select an operations management environment of your own choosing, however ensure it is realistic and real world applicable, reflecting good judgment, business sense, and critical thinking skills. Consider the following topics and follow the instructions below; remembering to complete both parts of your assignment:
Part I – Product Design and Service Design:
Create a product design within an operations management environment, using real world research to support your work. At the beginning of your paper, introduce your planned work, to include a description of the elements of the product design, that you selected to focus on, and how you plan to apply it to a real-world scenario.
Create a service design within an operations management environment, using real world research to support your work. At the beginning of your paper, introduce your planned work, to include a description of the elements of the service design, that you selected to focus on, and how you plan to apply it to a real-world scenario.
Part 2 – Facility Design:
Create a facility design within an operations management environment, using real world research to support your work. At the beginning of your paper, introduce your planned work, to include a description of the elements of the facility design, that you selected to focus on, and how you plan to apply it to a real-world scenario.
Ensure each topic is covered to appropriate breadth and depth demonstrating knowledge of the course concept and critical thinking skills. It is highly recommended that each topic comprises one- and-a-half full pages of your 3-full pages of content. Any diagrams or design elements should take up no more than one-half page, allowing at a minimum a one-half page of narrative to accompany and demonstrate critical thinking skills related to the diagram or design element created as part of your assignment.
SCM Standard Requirements
- This assignment should be a separate MS Word document, preferably in the most current .docx file format.
- In addition to the current APA style title page and reference page; ensure your paper covers the assigned topics, with a focus on quality. The following items provide additional guidance as to writing expectations.
- Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your paper should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- It must be written in Standard English; demonstrating exceptional content, organization, style, grammar, and mechanics.
- Your paper should provide a clearly established sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing should be well-ordered, logical, and unified; as well as original and insightful.
- Ensure your paper uses current APA style for content, with properly indented paragraphs, and a minimum of 3-full pages covering the assigned topics to appropriate depth.
- A separate page at the end of your research paper should contain a list of references, in current APA style. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for credible research.
- Ensure you have at a minimum three quality references supporting your work: defining words, or using dictionaries, wikis, or encyclopedias, does not count as a quality reference, or meet university standards for credible online research.
- Be sure to cite in-text citations where appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA style. Review the current APA style found at the Writing Center. The Writing Center can be accessed in Academic Tools. Select APA Central, then on “Write” at the bottom of the page. It should include a title page, double-spaced, in Times New Roman 12-point font, correct citations, Standard English with no spelling or punctuation errors, and correct references on the references page.
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here