During week 2 students will be randomly assigned to a group. Each group will consist of 4 students and students within each group must respond to each other. Students will use this group and its corresponding video blog in order to participate in the course debate. Each group will represent a specific debate topic and within the first blog post for each group, students will be able to identify their specific debate position (i.e. pro, or con). Students will be expected to post their debate video on the appropriate date for their assigned position.
In this book Pagan Theology: Paganism as World Religion, Michael York argues that Paganism is really the root of religion. He breaks his argument down to three main factors: religion, behavior, and theology. Do you agree with York? Is his argument successful, or does he fall short? Why or why not? Provide examples to support your answer.
Students will choose between:
- Student 1 – Paganism as Religion – Pro or Con
- Student 2 – Paganism as Behavior – Pro or Con
- Student 3 – Paganism as Theology – Pro or Con
- Student 4 – Summary / Conclusion – Which argument was the most persuasive, and why?
- Student 5 – Contrarian Perspective – Choose one of the sections and argue against their argument.
Each original video should be around 2 to 3 minutes and no more than 5 minutes in length.
The reasult can be a script that I could read for the video.
You may use the attached pages of the book as reference.
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here