As nurses, we need to find effective ways to handle our stress. Explain how stress has affected you personally. How do you manage stress in your life? Are there other activities you could incorporate into your daily routine to reduce stress? I stay pretty active with exercising walking 30-45 min every other day and doing yoga on days I don’t walk. However, we just did an essay on exercise for our last module. I have a 2-year granddaughter and family that I spend a lot of time with as well. Hope this helps.
Your initial posting should be at least 400 words in length and utilize at least one scholarly source other than the textbook.
DQ1 UMBO 3
DQ1 PLG 1
DQ1 CLO 1, 2
As nurses, we all have had a case that defined you as a nurse. This is usually a case with a bad or potential bad outcome. How has this case affected you and your practice? How do you deal with stress?
Stress affects all body systems and can make you quite ill. As nurses, we want to take care of our patients, but do we actually take care of ourselves?
In this Module, you will be exploring stress and how it effects your job, and life.
- University Mission Based Outcomes 2, 3
- Program Learning Goals 1, 7
- Course Learning Objectives 1, 2, 5
- AACN Essential I: Liberal Education for Baccalaureate Generalist Nursing Practice
- AACN Essential II: Basic Organizational and Systems Leadership for Quality Care and Patient Safety
- AACN Essential VI: Interprofessional Communication and Collaboration for Improving Patient Health Outcomes
- AACN Essential VIII: Professionalism and Professional Values
- AACN Essential IX: Baccalaureate Generalist Nursing Practice
- Binkley, L. (2017). Bates’ guide to physical examination and history-taking (12th ed.). Wolters Kluwer. ISBN: 978-1469893419. Read Chapter 3. Review Chapter 11.
- Das, S., & Baby, P. (2014). Correlation between organizational stress and job satisfaction among registered nurses in selected hospital. Asian Journal of Nursing Education and Research, 4(1), 45-49.
- Maloney, C. (2012). Critical incident stress debriefing and pediatric nurses: An approach to support the work environment and mitigate negative consequences. Pediatric Nursing, 38(2), 110-3.
- Mealer, M. L., Shelton, A., Berg, B., Rothbaum, B., & Moss, M. (2007). Increased prevalence of post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms in critical care nurses. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, 175(7), 693-7.
- Templeton, D. (2015, Feb 27). Hospital treats nursing stress with ‘mindfulness’ workshops. McClatchy – Tribune News Service.
- American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA). (2018). Holistic stress management for nurses.
- American Psychological Association (APA). (2018). Stress effects on the body.
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here