The purpose of this essay is to develop a clear argument in the form of a well-formed, compelling academic thesis statement, and support it through a well-organized, logical, and persuasive multi-paragraph essay.
In your essay, you will focus on a specific innovation/invention of the 21st century that you believe has had the largest impact on society. Your essay will make a specific recommendation, describe the specific benefits it provides, and even give insight or recommendations about the future. Your essay should provide compelling arguments and support for your position as well as address and respond to counterarguments against your position.
Basic Essay Organization
- Captures the reader’s attention, provides sufficient background information to orient your reader to your topic and introduces the thesis. The thesis is a single sentence that states the main idea (your claim/argument) of the whole essay.
- Support and develop the thesis with explanations, examples, and specific details.
- Each paragraph makes a specific point that supports the thesis (in the form of a topic sentence) and develops that point with evidence and analysis.
- Give evidence to support your argument using facts and numbers.
- Bring an analysis to your ideas.
- You should also address at least one specific counterargument(s) against your position, as well as give your rebuttal/response.
- Reemphasizes and reinforces the thesis and main supporting ideas.
- Reinforces the importance of the idea you are arguing for
- Font: Times New Roman; 12-point font
- Double-spaced, one-inch margins
- APA (American Psychological Association) in-text citations
- Length: 1000-1500 words (approximately 4-6 pages, double-spaced)
- Essays that do not meet the format requirements will be marked down by up to 5%.
- You should follow the organization guidelines above. No need to include an abstract or subheadings. Simply follow the citation and formatting guidelines from the APA sample under the "Essay Overview" module.
The final draft will be worth 25% of your final course grade.
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here